Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Tuesday 14 November 2017

toddlers snacks and dinner ideas





Hey Lovelies,

I hope your well and thank you for logging on to my latest blog. This weeks is all about my top snacks for any toddlers who if anything like mine; snackers, grazers, basically one who eats little and often!

Snacks through out the day for Harry will vary from;

Philadelphia on ryvita plain cracker bread
Babybels 
Dairylea dunkers
Cucumber sticks
Chicken pieces from the chilled fresh meat section in supermarkets
Chopped pieces of fruits such a peaches, nectarines, or plums
Apples and blueberries are always a favourite
Yogurts
Organix carrot wafers
Kiddylicious smoothie melts he still loves at 2 years old!Related image




I always have to make sure I have plenty of the above in the list in the cupboards as he is a big snacker and I do my best to keep it varied and not complete rubbish!

Quick Dinner Meals!

Fresh fish or Chicken from the supermarkets, packet of bread crumbs once they have been dipped into some egg, and pop in the oven!

Alternatively we do buy boxed fish fingers but I will always check the % on the back of the box to ensure it does contain a high amount of fish or meat for protein benefits.

Pre made mash, with fish from the fish counter, steamed broccoli (10 mins in the steamer) once all cooked put together with a sprinkle of cheese and you have a home made fish pie!

Uncle bens rice 2 minute microwave rice, with grilled chicken pieces and Little Dish have launched their new sauce pots for little ones, these have been a big hit for Harry for Pasta dishes or a chicken curry with rice!

Sausage and Baked Bean Casserole, add in onions, carrots and a some cheese!

Bolognese is always a good one to bulk cook and freeze, include chopped onions, mushrooms etc we just cook the pasta fresh! 

Jacket potato and beans

After a long day at work I can always count on Harry eating the meals from the Little Dish Range! They are £2.50 a go BUT for speed, and that I know he will eat them, they are super handy for us on days when you cannot be bothered to prep or cook. 

Little Dish ones in particular that are his faves are the Chicken and Risotto, the Chicken Curry and Rice, Chilli beef and Rice and also the fish pie. 
Image result for little dish


I am not going to lie, meal times for me as a parent have always been up and down. Harry eats like a king for his breakfast, and still loves his milk before bed time but lunch time and dinner time can be really hit and miss!! The above are what we know he will eat so we try our best to keep a variety going and will change it up but I will also admit I take the easiest option and stick to what he knows because I just want him to eat!!

 I have some mummy friends who their kids eat everything and anything and I have others than eat far from their 3 meals a day.. You are not alone. I have come to the conclusion kids are kids, and the fact is some adults don't even eat 3 meals a day so rather then get stressed over meal times, I now just go with the flow. 

I have never followed the if you don't eat your dinner you won't have dessert because I don't want meal times or food to associated in being an unhappy time, if Harry eats what he can then thats good enough for us! I also thought I would share that it isn't so much about what a child eats in one meal sitting its what they have had in a 24 hour period so do NOT beat yourself up over them missing a meal! Some day's Harry eats better than others. 

If your little one has been poorly recently and they have point blank refused food all together head over to my other blog ''WinterBlues'' to see what we find works for us when Harry has been under the weather.

I can't not include Puddings in this blog as I am a massive pudding lover!!! So it just wouldnt right not include!!! 

Pudding shopping list

Fresh fruit
Ambrosia Mini Custards
Ambrosia Mini Rice Pudding 
Yogurt with a drizzle of honey
Jelly 
Strawberry chocolate chop small mufins 
Frozen yogurt banana bites


Image result for ambrosia mini rice pudding


Hope you found the read helpful and any tips from other mummies comment or message me on Instagram - @thehappybalancemum - Would love to hear from you!

And remember you can also email subscribe for all my future blogs 

Lots of Love x


SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig