Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Tuesday 21 November 2017

4D Baby Bond Scan - 28 weeks!




Hey Huns..

Hope your all well; Mid way through November so I've finally made a start on my Xmas shopping and feeling good as I really don't know how I'm going to feel closer to the time being in my third trimester.

I'm now 28 weeks pregnant and we had our 4D baby bond scan on Monday; it was amazing! We had it with our first baby at the same stage of my pregnancy so knew we would more than likely get a good clear image on the baby. We stuck to our original plans of staying team yellow, for those that have been reading my blogs will know how much we love the surprise and why we opted to go for it again a second time round so for us we just couldn't wait to see the baby again on screen and 4D gives a peak of their beautiful little features and face up close. We loved it! 

Baby looked just harry from what we could see and when we compared images it confirmed it... Same lips and nose! Superrrr cute. 

If you haven't had a 4D before and thinking about it I highly recommend. It is such a beautiful moment to experience seeing your baby close up on screen and I imagine if struggling with your pregnancy due to sickness or generally finding it hard then I honestly think the scan will give any mummy to be a boost and lift in that final trimester - It did me, I have found second time much more tiring.



What to expect?

On booking your private 4D baby bond scan you'll be given options of a suitable date and time (that will last usually around 15 minutes!) You'll be on count down till that day arrives with excitement regardless whether your finding out the gender or not. It is named a bonding scan for a reason so it isn't just about finding out about the gender, there is so much more too it so if like us do not worry if you want to have a surprise!

We arrived and you'll be asked to lay down on the couch where the sonographer will ask for your due date and whether you wish to find out boy or girl. She'll place Gel on your tummy just like your NHS scans and if not finding out like us because she doesn't know the placement of the baby you'll be asked to look away in case anything appears giving it all away!

Once found placement of baby she'll tell you how baby is sitting/laying what he or she's placement is within your tummy and at the moment our little one was laying horizontal across my tummy so no wonder I had been feeling a bit uncomfortable the last few days! I'm not overly concerned I have 12 weeks to go till baby engages and gets where he or she should be. 

She really zoomed in on the face where we got to see the baby yawning, and drinking, smiling, arms up in the air and crossed in one photo which my hubby was delighted as he is a hammers fan!!! Lol.  

We could see the shape of the babies lips and eyes, it was soooo cute. 

It is recommended to scan at 28 weeks for a good clear view bonding scan as if baby isn't in a good placement you can come back within that 2 week window taking you to a max of 30 weeks. Any later than that there isn't much room left for baby so view isn't always that great and any earlier than 26 weeks features aren't as prominent, so my advice would be to follow as recommended and stick to the 28 week mark!

If lucky enough to get some moving images on USB depending what package you pick they are included; they're fab for a keep sake to link up to your tv and watch with family and friends and you'll also get some prints to take home. We got around 8-9 and all of them were brilliant.

Highly recommend the baby bond scan for any expecting parents! It's a real treat in that last trimester and we are even more excited to welcome baby brown number 2!!! 


SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig