Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Tuesday 3 October 2017

BEST BUYS FOR A NEW MUM/BABY


Related image

Hey everyone; 

I hope your well and no doubt in the mind set of how the heck are we in October or is that just me!???????????!!!!

With a few of my friends expecting and as another month progresses for my (2nd) pregnancy it got me thinking of what to cover in my latest blog post and it is what I feel are the BEST buys for a NEW mummy and Baby!





My friend and I recently went shopping and it inspired me to do this feature as my friend was buying for a family member and asked my opinion of what to buy the new arrival and it really got me thinking of all the best gifts I feel every new mum/baby could do with.


#1 - Swim wear

No one buys the newborn swim wear; NO ONE! You will rarely find someone else has purchased this same gift as you, so money well spent and an item definitely needed. New mums read all about how it is relaxing for the baby to be in water, and encourages them to sleep better, and enjoy swimming as they get older. When they/you finally feel ready to take baby for a swim, for me it was around 7 weeks from birth (By the way I didn't look good in a swimming costume at this point (I wish!!) but it wasn't about me!) I then realised we don''t have any swim for the little one?!

Image result for baby swim wearImage result for new born baby swim wear


#2 - Weaning items e.g. Spoons, bowls, bibs etc

Trust me, those 4-6 months to start weaning absolutely fly by. One minute you have given birth the next your realising 1 week has gone by, 1 month has and so on. These are great essentials to any new parent! Its something they will also look forward to using and will be so so glad when that time comes to start their weaning process. My friend bought me a Nutri Baby and it was fantastic; i was so excited to get going with it.

I have featured the below because they were all huge hits with my son. Especially the non spill sippy cup with munchkin - Can't recommend it enough. I couldnt find a picture of the spoons from boots, but they are their own brand and came in a pack of 4x, they were a great size for my sons mouth.

Image result for weaning bowls and spoonsImage result for nutri babyImage result for non spill sippy cup munchkin



#3 - Muslin Cloths

These to be fair these are a common gift BUT I have added it in if your tossing up between these and baby blanket or baby grow. Whether breast feeding or bottle feeding omg a mummy can never have to many muslin cloths. I went through them like no tomorrow! 

I am featuring Tesco and The White Company - I loved both for different reasons, I know your thinking they're only a cloth! Lol BUT the white company in particular for me I liked because I breast fed for 7 months and found their cloths were BIG, so nice and large to cover baby if i was in a manic public area, and also plenty there if i was wiping dribble/baby sick - the joys!

Image result for the white company muslin cloths

Image result for the white company logo


4# - Digital Ear Thermometer 

My aunt bought us the tommee tippee one & it was a god send. It was on offer for £25. Every new mum will get great use out of this especially when their little ones are going to be having their immunisations, as keeping an eye on their temperature is always advised and the digital ones in particular is accurate for readings in 5 seconds. There are lots of mixed reviews but for the price, it does the job!

Image result for tommee tippee digital ear thermometer

5# - Mum Basket

Yep, if all else fails and you have attended the baby shower or seen all the gifts she has for the baby and think omg I don't know where to start; do not feel you have to buy for baby. Your friend, sister, aunt who ever it is will be so grateful for a ''Mum Basket'' my best friends done one for me and it contained everything from;

Cuticle Oil
Nail File
Dry Shampoo
Deodorant 
Hair bubbles/scrugchies
Fave chocolate bar - LARGE!
Coffee - Nescafe Azera is a good shout
Small bottle of wine or a LARGE - Lol
Coconut Oil
New Slippers


Image result for new mums

Love the happy balance mum x

Please subscribe to my blog in the tab below if you like what your reading.



Thanks for the support!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig