Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Thursday 20 September 2018

7 month update - 2 teeth, crawling & pulling herself up!



Hey Lovelies,

Welcome back to my blog page. Hope you are all well. Its that time again to give you a little insight and update to where we are at 7 months down the line. Manic is the first word that comes to mind & also what I am now calling Matilda ''Dora the Explorer'' Yep, my little peach is off here there and everywhere. I know they say girls are more advanced than boys but I honestly can't believe how quickly Matilda is developing with her milestones, and please dont think I am here being a show off - I really am not! I've had boy who didnt get any teeth till he was one, and didnt crawl till 10 months, and walked at 13 months to having a baby who now does 2 out of 3 and shes 7 months old, proof all babies really are all so different but equally all get there in the end anyway. Its been all go in the brown house hold, stairs gates going up & the cot being moved down to now its lowest level as at nap times when she has woken up I go into the room and she is standing up holding on to the sides!!

Matilda always loved tummy time, so I have a feeling from 0-5 months she has been really strengthening her back, neck and arm muscles, she is also a tummy sleeper so it was only natural for her to then lift her self up on all fours and wonder where to go next! After 2 weeks of being on all fours she took the plunge to move her arm followed by her chubby leg and before we knew it she was off! And now is doing laps of the living room, lifting her self up on the bottom stairs, toy boxes in Harry's room, sofa, literally I can't take my eyes off hers for a SECOND! Baby swings, Jumperoo, Chairs etc are now all redundant this moving baby doesnt want to sit still for a moment!



Its made life in one way super busy, as I am constantly checking she isnt going to knock her head etc as she is even leaning onto the patio door as she is loving looking out into the garden! But in another way life is actually a bit easier as I dont have a baby in my arms, she is quite happy to play, explore and follow her big brother she just needs to remember she is only a babba still and cant quite do everything, she is SO eager!




Routine wise, we still dont have a day time routine as such, I am really relaxed and because I am out and about most of the time she just adapts and adapts really well so I am not overly bothered however bed time routine is still as my last update, I need my evenings!!!!!!!!!!

Matilda is now sleeping through and dropped her 4am feed around 5 and half months. And will now stretch to a 6am milk feed (Boob or will have 5oz) but I always put her back down to go to sleep as Harry is usually up from 7am-ish.

Wake up - 7.30am

Breakfast usually porridge, weetabix or occasionally toast.

Nap 9.30am and this can be anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours.

Lunch around 11.30 - 12.30 am - ish really depends how long she naps for. But no earlier than 11.30am.

Milk Feed - 3pm

Nap - 3.30pm (usually around 45 mins to one hour)

Dinner 5pm

Milk Feed & Bedtime - 6.30 - 7pm

I am now only breast feeding morning and night, any milk through out the day which is usually only an afternoon one I now give via bottle. Dr Brown Bottles Teat 3, & she will have water through out the day from her sippy cup. I havent got her weighed in weeks!! Bad mum I know but I am not concerned one bit, as I have said previously her brother was a totally different eater and really wasnt into foods at all until 9-10months, I drove myself mad thinking he would never eat foods!!!!!!!! Matilda loves her foods and so far has only turned her nose at brocolli. She is loving everything else, we are doing a bit of BLW and also spoon feeding and I am really enjoying the weaning side this time :-)

Her favorite foods to eat her self are;

Raspberries
Kiwi
Crackers with cheese spread
Bread
Organic carrot wafers
Banana
Meats (small bits of chicken)
Pieces of potatoes
Pasta spirals


Lots of Love x
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig