Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Thursday 25 January 2018

Whats in my hospital bag?




Hello, and welcome to my latest blog 37 (+3) weeks and hospital bag, as I had started typing this blog the weather WAS looking very bleak outside, the weather where you don't want to leave the house but as the day as gone on it has brightened up and the sunshine is peeping through - Hooray! So how are you mummies feeling who are at the same stage as me? My back ache hasn't been too bad recently but trying to get out of bed I am like a huge turtle struggling, and I am back to feeling knackered by 3pm! I am sure I sound a huge moany Margaret but Hun's I can honestly say being pregnant the second time round is no where near as dreamy as the first!!

Anyway's with only 2 and a bit weeks to go, I am feeling mixed emotions happy, excited, nervous, and strangely a little teary emotional as I have a realised that our Harry will no longer be the only small little person in the house, but a lovely girl I follow on Instagram told me something soooooooo lovely and true which was ''you are giving him the best thing in life, and that is a sibling!'' and that made me smile because how true is that? (I am an only child by the way)

So the nursery is finally fully completed whooooo! I say completed because I keep finding other little bits and bobs to add, my hubby has done an amazing job - I am sooo pleased!!! I will feature on my next blog and show you my fave buys for interior ideas. So along with the nursery finally complete, so is my hospital bag yay!!!!

I never got the most of my hospital bag last time because i gave birth and I was home 4 hours later so  other than getting Harry's outfit out and a fresh set of clothing, I didn't use anything else in there that I had packed - Below are where I found the best buy's and all so so affordable to throw out after if they ruined!

Whats in my bag?

BABY

  • Coming home outfit
  • Car seat
  • Vests
  • Baby grows
  • Nappies - Pampers newborn size
  • Hat (Pink or Blue - Or if like us having a surprise we have packed white!)
  • Blanket
  • Booties
  • Muslin cloths
  • Teddy bear
  • Present from baby to give to Harry when he arrives to meet him or her. 
Why haven't I packed - Dummies or Bottles. I breast fed Harry so I am hoping to do the same this time round so I have MAM bottles at home for a back up should not all go to plan but I don't plan on bringing to the hospital and Harry didn't have a dummy either so I am just planning to go with what i done the first time round, but back up's are there if need be.



MUMMY STUFF

  • Nursing bra's (Mine are from H&M and Primark)
  • Bikini top (if like me wanting to have a water birth)
  • Towel large and small 
  • Hair bubbles (Pack from Primark!)
  • Dry shampoo
  • Deodorant 
  • Hair brush (Primark do an amazing small travel size!)
  • Cleanser and Face cream (Environ skincare!)
  • Bar of soap
  • Lip balm (mac cosmetics)
  • Clear mascara so you can feel a little human!
  • Nursing cover up if you want s (Some privacy in the beginning (Ebay!)
  • Comfy super large undies (Primark 2 sizes up from my usual size!)
  • Pjs or large night dress
  • I have packed nursing tops (H&M) and then large pj bottoms (Primark!) as feeding in a nighty in front of family isnt ideally what I feel comfortable to do! Especially after just giving birth!
  • Slippers or Flip flops (I got light weight slip ons as I was pre warned hospitals are super hot - Primark!)
  • Going home out fit, I have packed a large plain v neck tshirt and also some H and M maternity leggings.
  • Eau Thermale facial spray from Boots is amazing! Its a facial cooling spray to keep cool during labour and birth - Get your partners to spray you through out if need be. 
  • Tooth brush and tooth paste (Cosmetics travel section from Primark!)
  • Camera and charger for phone and camera 
  • Sanitary towels - Large (Always ultra with wings from Superdrug!)
  • Breast pads (Lasinoh - Bought a big value pack)

BEST PLACES TO BUY FOR AFFORDABILITY AND SIZES!

I was amazed ladies by Primarks ever growing range of beauty and beauty miniatures! I got pretty much of my toiletries from there for such a bargain price of £1 or £2 per item and for my all time favorite products (Environ skin care items and Clarins mattifying lotion) for my own home comforts I got some empty bottles and have filled them up. My friend got me some lovely soap bars for Christmas so I will be taking those in. I have also taken dry shampoo as it is a life saver for me, I do have thick hair so I am lucky I don't have to wash mine every day.



I will add although I haven't packed I recently bought some nursing bra's from marks and spencer due to the shape and amazing support they give. The Primark bra's for value and a quick clip down to feed you can't complain but if going out for the day or lunch etc they don't give me personally the best fit/shape, I found the M&S much nicer to wear. 

Lots of Love x



SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig