Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Sunday 29 October 2017

BOYS RULE - life being a mum to a boy





 THE FUNNY TRUTHS ABOUT BEING A MUMMY TO A BOY!!



Well our little handsome cheeky firecracker has been in our lives since July 2015; and what a journey it's been. Because Harry is only 2; I wasn't completely sure whether to put this blog together because as I say, he is still only so small but with what seems (to me) a big personality I thought the hell with it! I'm really excited to share with expecting mummies what life is like being a mummy to a boy, I hope you enjoy the read.

  • The possible desire to be naked; as soon as we walk through the door at home Harry cant wait to get his clothes off! Doesn't matter what time of the day, freedom is always his chosen option. Legging it to open the front door to the post man before him and his naked bum follows me is always a challenge I am hoping to win!

  • The no fear factor; boys have NO fear what so ever! No matter how much you try and pre warn them of the dangers, their curiousness will always take over. 

  • Jump jump, forever jumping; Sofa's, trampolines, cushions, and beds are always on Harry's agenda, I actually quiver inside at the thought of him sofa diving but a threat to turn off paw patrol ensures I win the battle of NO DONT DO THAT! - Well for the moment anyways. 

  • Ants in their pants; dinner times in particular unless Harry's favorite meal is on the menu every single night which it isn't going be because that would be super duper boring, I find I keep repeating my self saying sit down, sit down, sit down & eat your dinner. I have now just accepted that he eats like a king at breakfast and lunch and will just take it or leave it at dinner time!

  • Passing wind; *hands over eyes* I know we all do it but to Harry he finds himself, or daddy in particular absolutely hilarious and will want to inform the world he has just trumped! I have to laugh... because honestly I literally don't know what else to do!!!

  • Loves the woman attention; yes even at just 2 years old. No matter where we are, my son loves to capture the woman attention and will do so by saying hiya continuously until he gets it. Its then I catch him going all giggly with a cheeky smile appearing across his face - Wish me luck for years to come!

 ON A SERIOUS NOTE, ALL THINGS YOU WILL LOVE YOUR LITTLE BOY 
JUST THAT LITTLE BIT MORE FOR


Image result for mum of boys quotes     

  • The super duper cute spontaneous cuddles and kisses that come from no where; your little boy if anything like mine will be so affectionate and will embrace love and affection. He throws his arms round me and who knew those little tiny arms round my neck could make my heart so full. 

  • You will watch how much satisfaction and happiness they get from their ''boy's toys'' and even the most girly mums (me being one of them) will start to notice yourself getting roped into the imaginative play of wrestling, train tracks, cars and all else that takes over their toy room - I would just love to have a moment in side Harry's head whilst he plays with them all to know what he is thinking.

  • Physical emotions and how often you will use them; I don't actually ever think I high fived any one in my adult life before having Harry, and lets not even mention ''knuckles'' ... Yet these are now a part of my every day life; the smile on Harry's face is just price less when he comes running into the living room & greets all those there with a high 5! He gets so excited and I now embrace those type of physical emotions so much more since I have had him.

  • As their mummy you will always be their first love, daddy will be their super hero; it will always be you who they go to when they're in need of a cuddle, but the relationship from you to their daddy is completely different, different in way's that you see their face light up when daddy comes home from work for some their daddy and son time, you see them admire daddy kicking the football, chasing around the park, lifting high playing aero planes, all these play huge parts in daddy being their hero.

  • They will love you their mummy in a special way; already Harry is really loving and caring towards me with his emotions, his appetite for being thoughtful and help full is just beyond what I expected for him only being 2 years old, when in the garden he will pick a flower with daddy and cant wait to come back inside to give me it, I am so lucky to have all these sweet little moments with my little boy.

Being a parent to a boy or girl is such a rewarding job, it is a journey like no other in life and every day I count my blessing's to be the mummy of Harry. Now I am expecting my second baby & I am asked all the time ''Would you like a girl this time?'' the answer simply is... I honestly don't mind either way. I don't have a preference at all, a part of me does feel I would love another boy because I feel it is all I know. However if I am blessed with a daughter, although different I am sure it is as just a equal lovely journey!

x
SHARE:
Blogger templates by pipdig